Dog Obedience Classes
Next Session Starts
January 13th, 2014
6PM Puppy Preschool
7PM Beginner Obedience
8 PM advanced training (numbers permitting)
Please mark on your paypal form which class you are signing up for
Classes meet once per week for 6 weeks for 45-60 min.
Class cost is 125.00/6 week course
Classes held Sands Township Hall
Pre Registartion Required
Step 1: Pre-registration Form (pdf: print and bring with you to the first class)
Step 2: $50 deposit required to hold class opening. Click below to pay by credit card via PayPal.
At the Puppy Preschool we create a bond between dog and owner. This makes a fun and effective environment where dog and owner reach their goals. Every day thousands of dogs are turned over to Humane Societies and Rescues. Many times it is because of ineffective or lack of training. Our goal is to make sure you get your puppy on the right track and learn how to teach your puppy to be a good canine citizen.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: Dogs will be taught that it is fun to learn/train the exercises below. We train with praise and positive reinforcement. The use of food and toys to motivate your dog is encouraged. We always have plenty of time to answer all your questions and to discuss annoying puppy behaviors such as biting, jumping up, housebreaking, etc.
What you will need:
- A collar of any kind except a harness. Make sure the puppy can not back out of the collar.
- A leash, not a retractable leash but a leash of any other kind.
- Non crunchy food treats that are very small and palatable, not crunchy.
- A favorite toy.
- Leave It
- Mark Itís and Take Itís
- Confidence building
Beginning Class Agenda
Beginners Class is geared towards any dog that is NOT a puppy who has not had any formal obedience training.
What you will need:
- A collar of any type except a harness
- A leash (no retractable leashes please)
- Non-crunchy food treats soft small and palatable NOT crunchy
- A favorite toy
What you will learn
Dogs are taught that it is fun to train and sit, down, come, stand, stay and heel on command. We train with praise and positive reinforcement with the use of food and toys to motivate and encourage your dog. We always take plenty of time to answer questions.
- Attention (Watch me)
- Walk on lead
- Leave it
- Come when called
- Sit nice for petting
Who is this class for:
Dogs that have already taken the beginner course or equivilent.
What you will learn:
The class focuses on more advanced obedience work and continued training time. We will also concentrate on working to pass the CGC test (Canine Good Citizen)
- accepting a friendly stranger,
- sitting politely for petting,
- appearance and grooming,
- out for a walk,
- walking through a crowd,
- sit and down on command and staying in place,
- coming when called,
- reaction to another dog,
- reaction to distractions, and
- supervised separation.
What to bring:
- a collar (of any type) that will not slip over your dog's head (if your dog decides to back up, for example, he should not be able to back out of his collar),
- a 6-foot leash made of leather or nylon ,
- non-crunchy food treats, like hot dog slices or bits of cheese, and
a favorite toy.
Tracey Skibo and Tracee Horn have more than 50 years combined experience! Let us help you train your dog! Both Tracey and Tracee have worked as Veternarian Technicians for many years, have shown in the competive obedience show ring and have trained many basic obedience classes for many years! Come and have fun training with us!